Donald Trump stirred controversy by declassifying thousands of documents related to the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

While many hoped for groundbreaking revelations, the release left people still searching for the truth Trump had previously promised.

For decades, Americans have sought answers about what really happened on November 22, 1963, when 46-year-old Kennedy was assassinated.

On March 18, Trump’s administration declassified 80,000 documents concerning the death of the 35th U.S. president. This move complied with the 1992 Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act, which had originally set 2017 as the deadline for full disclosure.

“We have a tremendous amount of paper. You got a lot of reading. I don’t believe we’re going to redact anything,” Trump, 78, said at the Kennedy Center on March 17. “They’ve been waiting for that for decades. And I said during the campaign I’d release them, and I’m a man of my word… so tomorrow you have the JFK files.”

Trump—who was 17 when Kennedy was killed—had previously released thousands of documents in 2018, though some remained redacted due to national security concerns. President Biden later declassified 13,000 more records in 2022.

“President Trump is ushering in a new era of maximum transparency… Per his direction, previously redacted JFK assassination files are being released to the public with no redactions,” Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard said, according to the New York Post.

Some Files Still Locked Away

While Trump’s decision was widely anticipated, some documents remain classified. Supporters praised the move as a step toward government transparency, but others were disappointed by the lack of new revelations.

The newly released files largely reaffirmed the Warren Commission’s 1964 conclusion—that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, firing three shots from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository as Kennedy’s motorcade passed through Dealey Plaza in Dallas.

The report states that:

The first bullet missed.

The second, known as the “magic bullet,” struck Kennedy in the back, exited through his throat, then wounded Texas Governor John Connally.

The third shot, fired within 8.6 seconds of the first, was fatal.

Oswald, a 24-year-old former Marine, was captured hours later after allegedly killing a Dallas police officer. Two days later, before he could stand trial, nightclub owner Jack Ruby fatally shot him.

The Hunt for a Conspiracy Continues

The JFK assassination has never been just another historical event—it’s a mystery that has fueled endless speculation.

Many Americans believe Kennedy was killed as part of a conspiracy rather than by a lone gunman. Theories range from mafia involvement to Cuban exiles seeking revenge. Some even claim the CIA orchestrated the assassination to stop Kennedy from uncovering classified information about extraterrestrial life.

The newly released documents provided fragments of additional context but failed to deliver a “smoking gun” that could confirm or debunk these theories.

Online Reactions: Conspiracy or Cover-Up?

Trump’s release ignited a wave of online speculation, with many convinced that the full truth is still being concealed.

One user tweeted: “The CIA assassinated JFK, and they were never held accountable!”

Another insisted: “The CIA killed JFK.”

Others took the UFO route: “The reason these files were withheld for so long? They reveal the U.S. government’s knowledge of UAPs/UFOs.”

‘You Got Played’—Disappointment Over the Files

Not everyone was impressed. Many were frustrated that the documents didn’t reveal anything substantially new, with some even calling it a political stunt.

One user wrote: “Turns out the only thing uncovered in the JFK Files is what we already knew from the Warren Commission.”

Another added: “I was told these would be unredacted… what a joke.”

A third simply stated: “You got played. Again.”

Some also pointed out that Trump’s release was nearly identical to the files declassified by Biden in 2023.

“Trump released the same JFK files that Biden released in 2023. Fell for it again.” one user tweeted, alongside side-by-side images of both releases.

Another added: “Biden released these unredacted. Biden 1, Trump 0.”

The Mystery Endures

After decades of speculation, the JFK assassination remains one of America’s greatest unsolved mysteries. While Trump’s document release added some historical details, it ultimately did little to change what we already know.

If you’d like to explore the JFK Assassination Records yourself, you can find them HERE. Let us know your thoughts, and share this story to hear what others think!

By Admin